A transfer sounds just like your
old record, whereas a master is your old recording optimized! Since many
companies offer "transfer" services and charge extra for separate tracks
and noise reduction, we felt it helpful to point out what the $35 "Mastering" fee for
an LP to CD conversion includes the following processes:
- A digital recording is made of your LP ("transfer") at 24 bit 48kHz sample rate.
- Clicks, Pops,
crackle and surface noise are removed from your recording
- The recording is then edited into separate tracks*
*Please note, this is not an automated process, since editing is done
"by hand" and "by ear," your tracks separations will be where you
expect them to be!
- Each individual track is then "normalized" to achieve maximum
- Every track is "named" so that song titles, artist name and album name
will all appear in your software when you rip your CD to your MP3
- Your Master CD is created from the resulting uncompressed wav files.
If you have any further questions on this subject,